Dr. Sam Alibrando
Dr. Sam Alibrando has over 30 years of psychotherapy practice experience, the last 25 years as a Clinical Psychologist. He specializes in intensive depth therapy for individuals, addiction recovery (especially “sex-addiction”), infidelity recovery, couple therapy, parenting consultations, divorce recovery and business-work coaching.
Dr. Alibrando is also trained as a collaborative divorce (and civil dispute) specialist giving divorcing couples an opportunity to end their relationship with the least amount of conflict and with the most benefit to all participants–especially the children.
He is also an Organizational consultant, helping organizations enhance work efficiency and positive work cultures through good hires and leadership and team development.
He is the author of the book, Follow the Yellow Brick Road: How to Change for the Better When Life Gives You Its Worst. And his most recent award-winning book, The 3 Dimensions of Emotion: Finding the Balance of Power, Heart and Mindfulness.
Dr. Alibrando received his Bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University, and his doctorate from the Rosemead School of Psychology.
He served as
• President of the San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association
• Liaison in government affairs to the California Psychological Association.
• He has served as Director of the Relationship Counseling Center and Fuller Psychological & Family Services.
• An Adjunct Professor at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (where he taught Executive Coaching) and Fuller’s Graduate School of Psychology (where he supervised interns and taught course on the Borderline/Narcissistic Personality and Group Therapy).
• Currently he is a member of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards committee of the California Psychological Association.